EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP, FALL 2015
The Editorial Intern will work with SMG’s Editorial Team to write multiple posts per day on a broad range of topics, help with our photo feed curation, add to our editorial calendar of events, and to take on a wide variety of editorial tasks and duties as needed.
In this position, the intern will get first-hand experience working in a digital media publishing environment with a supportive team of extremely creative talent, led by the Executive Producer.
- Support editorial staff as needed. This includes conducting research, finding photography and image sourcing, photo feed curation, and other tasks that arise.
- Write multiple stories daily both pitched and assigned
- Pitch feature story ideas and complete feature assignments by assigned due dates
- Work from home from 7am - 9:30am and in the office from 10:30am - 4pm Monday - Friday
- Weekend work as needed
- WFH in evening as needed
- Support Associate Editor with curation and creation of our photo feeds
- BA preferred. Candidates pursuing a BA are also welcome
- The desire to have as many people see your work as possible
- The ability to use social media as a promotional tool
- Digital-savvy, i.e. working knowledge of basic html, photoshop, and content management systems
- Easy to get along with and enthusiastic
- Eager for feedback and able to improve and progress
- At least one solid reference
- Some examples of work that you're proud of. Can be from college, a blog, but have some writing you can show. You will have an advantage if that work is online and has been successful.
- A solid writer with a fun voice and tone who understands that longer isn't always better, and shorter isn't always best
- A keen interest in visual storytelling first and foremost. You're not here to be a long-form writer
This is a paid internship
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject heading 'Internship'